Can I get any free legal help if I don’t qualify for legal aid?


Yes. A Duty Counsel lawyer can provide you with help when you first appear in court for criminal or child protection matters.

The Advocacy Unit can provide you with information and guidance on the issues you are dealing with related to residential tenancies and government benefits.